Thursday 19 February 2009

The Original Pattern Player

While I was reacquainting myself with Illustrator last year I came up with this. I love love love geometric shapes. When I was younger I used to close my eyes and see all sorts of geometric shapes drawn in the sand. They would float by my eyes and would always make me smile. I could call on this ability whenever I wanted, day or night. I didn't need to be falling asleep, I would just need to tell myself to conjure up the images and BAM, there they'd be, moving along peacefully. Perhaps it was my way of tuning out from the world and finding peace and calm. One day I lost the ability to do see my beloved sand drawings which makes me sad to this day. Now, whenever I see shapes, especially when they are symmetrically aligned, I feel at peace with myself and the world, much like the sand shapes would make me feel. It's almost like they are the piece that evens me out. That's not to say that asymmetrical things make me fall over, it just that symmetry does so much more for my soul. I have, however, been known to get very agitated, upset and to the point of tears when something is uneven. Just ask Mike. To this day, he still doesn't understand why I get so upset at misplaced items, come to think of it, neither do I. It's just instinct.

No comments: