Saturday 7 February 2009

Objects within house, within underground




After successfully winning a bid on Ebay for a Polaroid camera and some seriously out of date film, I took to the street of London, (well actually, just the London Underground) to see what the film quality was like. To my immediate disappointment I hated the outcome. The vibrant colours that I so hoped I would capture were washed out and dull, lifeless and bordering on challenging my confidence as a photographer. I took offence to the quality as it offended my skills as an amature.
After leaving 10 of the photo's lying under a book and out of sight for 2 months, I rediscovered them once again while cleaning and to my delight, I actually liked what I saw. With the original vivid colours all but whisked away from my memory, I was left with a fresh view and appreciation for these once seemingly uneventful and lifeless photo's. With a new found love of the out of date film, I loaded the last packet into my camera and went crazy within the confines of my house, making sure I involved as much colour as possible just to see how washed out the new, but really old, the film would be. I was delighted to say the least.

Well, I'm off to Ebay now to check out some more film. ENJOY.

No comments: