Friday 6 February 2009

Calcium is bad for your hair


It's come to my attention that I am loosing my hair. That's right! I'm going bald and I'm only 28. Actually, it's not that serious and not entirely true, however, since discovering how to be vain, I've noticed that the hard water in Germany which consists of large amounts of calcium, is drying out my hair, subsequently making it fall out by the hand full (again a slight exaggeration). So with the little spare time I have left before I embark on becoming and adult and getting a job, I've dedicated my time to growing my hair back. Research has shown a few home remedies that allow the hair to grow back thicker, some more palatable than others. The 1st option is to stop brushing, which I don't do anyhow, in fact I only own a blue plastic comb which I got from the airplanes bathroom amenities while flying over the pacific and presently it's got more dusk in it than hair. The 2nd option is to stop shampooing. If you ask Google to give you hits on 'no poo' you will be overwhelmed by the amount of information about 'no poo' (no sham'poo'ing for those not cluey enough to get that play on words). There are loads of stories about what happens to your hair once you get it back to it's original state. It takes about 6 -8 weeks for all the chemicals and gunk to ooze out of your scalp, but apparently it's well worth it with most being rewarded with the healthiest hair they have ever had. The 3rd option is washing in ACV, (organic apple cider vinegar). This allows the scalp to get back to it's original PH level, which is an excellent thing all round. I have tried this and apart from smelling like a fish and chip shop, it's made my hair cleaner than beach clean with the added benefit of the natural beach look without the products. Some recommend that when you rinse out the ACV you should wash with a mild shampoo to get rid of the smell, but seen as though I'm home alone for the next 3 weeks, I thought I'd see how long I could go without 'pooing' ha ha, and there is no one around to smell me. The last option which I will never tell anyone wheather I've tried it or not is to wash with your morning urine. Wow....that's a whole post by itself!

No comments: