Sunday 8 February 2009

Books I just can't seem to finish but know my life will be better once I have.

I'm the type of reader that needs to finish a book in one go. If I spread it over one, two or three weeks, I get bored and never finish it. I'm an 8-9 hour straight kind of girl. 2 to 3 days max. I'll have none of this reading before bed, thankyou. I like to keep my excitement and passion for the book alive, otherwise I loose the flow and the feelings that the book is supposed to evoke. It's a shame really because all these books excited me beyond belief. It was the fact that my concentration was highly compromised and unfortunately is yet to be regained.

It's a thick one! I read half of it on a 7 hour train ride with no distractions but have yet to pick it up again. I just haven't had the time.


I've wanted to read this for years and years. I think I am fooling myself that I can actually get through it. I think I bought it purely to convince myself that I was actually educated enough in literature to understand it. To date, I haven't got past the 1st page. Oh well.


This one is not that thick but the type is very small and daunting. Again, I've read half of it and have every intention of finishing it, but will need to start it again in order to remind myself of all the chemicals used and mishaps that happened. Very conspiring and educational.


I bought this one to try and educate myself in the sciences. Having a geneticist as a partner is daunting enough but trying to engage in a scientific conversation is just not on the cards for me. It was my attempt to impress him and gain a little kudos. ha ha....to date, the book has yet to be opened! I think I'll just continue on my journey in making him laugh at my funny dances in order to keep him in my nest!!

Twice picked up, twice unfinished. Damn! It a good read but very draining. I think it's the small type thing. I really need to put aside some decent time to finish this one. I will be proud of myself the day I get through it. I can then publicaly say that I'm a fan of Márquez and actually be telling the truth instead of hoping that I won't be questioned about why I found it life changing.

OK. I haven't a good enough reason to explain why I haven't finished this one. Quite frankly, it's a days read and an easy one at that. Her last book was amazing (again, read in 2 days), so I'm bemused as to why I haven't been able to finish this one. Perhaps that's tomorrow's assignment. I must make the most of my unemployment while it lasts!

No comments: